1.Display Screen 2. Page Up 3. Page Down 4. Power On/Off/Menu 5. Mode 6. OK 7. Phone Answer Key / Power On/Off 8. Bluetooth Indicator 9. On-Board Indicator 10. Speaker 11. Fastener 12. TV Out 13. Reset 14. USB Port 15. TF Card Slot 16. Camera
II. Features & Operations
1. Installation: This digital video camera is easy to install. Just open the fastener and buckle it onto your rearview mirror, then connect the car charger to the cigarette lighter and the USB port to the camera. And the wires could be hidden in the car.
2. Charging: A. by connecting it to the on-board USB charger
B. by connecting it to the power cord: the camera automatically starts recording when the car is started, and it automatically turns off and saves the video file recorded when its power is cut off for 15 second.
(Note: Use only on-board power supply with an output of 5V/1A.)
3. Recording Mode: The camera automatically enters recording mode when you press (On/Off) or connect it to the on-board USB charger. (Please insert TF card first) and files are automatically saved to the TF card. The blue indicator light goes off when you unplug the on-board USB charger or press (On/Off) to turn the camera off.
4. Sound Recording
Sound recording is enabled by default. Press and hold for 2 seconds if you want to disable it .
5. Playback Mode
Press after video recording stops to enter playback mode. Press ( or ) to select the video recorded before or after and then press OK to play.
6. Protection Feature
Protection feature serves to protect and lock a certain video or all videos so that they won’t be recorded over during loop recording.
7. One-Key Lock
Press OK to lock the video being recorded so that it won’t be recorded over during loop recording. Press to unlock it and returns to loop recording mode.
8. Browsing through files to be deleted
Turn the camera on and press (Video Recording) to stop it from recording, then press to enter “Playback Mode”. Press (Page Up) to select the files recorded and press OK (Play) for preview. It you want a delete a certain file, press Key 4 (Menu) to enter “Delete Mode” when preview finishes. Press (Page Down) to select “Delete” or “Format”. Then continue by pressing (Menu) to exit.
9. Feature Setup
Turn the camera on and stop it from recording. Then press Key 4 (Menu) to enter “Setup Page”. Press to select specific parameters and press OK in the end to confirm your selection. When you are done with all the settings, press Key 4 (Menu) to exit “Setup page”.
V. Download Files
Connect the camera to computer with USB cable and two options for connecting to computer will appear on the display screen. Please insert TF card first before pressing OK to confirm connection.
1. Please put TF card in before you start with video recording.
2. Loop recording mode is available on this camera. When the TF card is full, the camera will delete the earliest videos recorded and save the latest ones recorded.
3. Please charge the camera with the on-board USB charger provided, which contains an adapter to convert the voltage from 12V/24V to 5V. The camera will be damaged if the output voltage is greater than 5V.
VII. Turn On and Off Bluetooth Feature
You can set the Bluetooth on or off in the menu.
If it’s on, press and hold “Bluetooth” for two seconds to turn it off; if it’s already off you can turn it on in doing so.
Message behind the Icons:
1. Bluetooth Off: No icon.
2. indicates: Bluetooth on, but not connected to cell phone.
3. indicates: Bluetooth on and connected to cell phone.
II. Connection & Pairing
1. In case that the rearview mirror Bluetooth is set to automatic start when the device is turned on and the cell phone in use used to pair up with the Bluetooth of the device, turn on the Bluetooth on both devices, and in the first 20 seconds after the rearview mirror Bluetooth is turned on, it will automatically search for the previous connected devices and assume default reconnection (indicated by a single flashing blue light). If the Bluetooth is on in more than one device that it previously paired up with, it will automatically choose the cell phone that it most recently paired up with.
2. If it fails to reconnect to the cell phone in 30 seconds, the rearview mirror Bluetooth automatically goes into stand-by mode (indicated by two alternating flashing blue lights on the device). You can now manually connect your cell phone to the mirror Bluetooth and pair them up.
3. Should pairing fail, the mirror Bluetooth switches to low power and stand-by mode.
4. If pairing is successful, the two blue lights on the mirror Bluetooth will go on and off at the same time. They both will be on when Bluetooth connection is successful but not functioning normally.
5. Both blue lights will be off when Bluetooth is working properly.
A. Please keep the cell phone less than one meter away from rearview mirror Bluetooth so that it’s easier for the former to detect the latter when the two are pairing up.
B. The name of the rearview mirror Bluetooth is “SJ800”.
C. In case pairing password is required for some cell phones, the default password for the Bluetooth of the device is “0000”. (The device is equipped with Bluetooth 3.0. If your cell phone has Bluetooth 2.1 or above, pairing password is not required and you can pair them up directly, e.g. IPhone).
III. Feature Guide
A. Answering Phone Calls (Press “Bluetooth”)
When there’s an incoming call, the phone number will be displayed on the rearview mirror and you can answer it by pressing “Bluetooth”.
(If the camera is not in video recording mode at the moment, the system will automatically direct you to recording mode and the “call waiting to be answered” page will be displayed. If it is in recoding mode, the flashing (recording) icon and the recording time will be displayed on the screen. Otherwise nothing but Bluetooth information will appear.
B. Hanging up the phone (Press“Bluetooth”)
Press “Bluetooth” to hang up an on-going call.
C. Declining Phone Calls (Press “Power”)
Press “Power” to decline phone calls when it’s not convenient for you to answer them.
D. Volume Control
When you are on the phone using Bluetooth on the device, press Up / Down on the rearview mirror to increase or decrease the volume.
E. Switch between Speaker Phone and Cell Phone (Press “Mode”)
When you are on the phone using Bluetooth on the device, press Mode to switch between the mirror Bluetooth and cell phone.
During the course of Bluetooth communication, due to compatibility of cell phone, compatibility errors sometimes could occur and cause you to not be able to unplug the phone or other communication failure could be caused. Please switch the power of the rearview mirror Bluetooth off and on again, wait for it to automatically reconnect to the cell phone and compatibility errors will now disappear.
1. When Bluetooth is on, two lights (LED 1, LED 2) will rapidly flash (On: 100ms; Off: 100ms) three times.
2. Reconnecting Mode: LED 1 flashes rapidly and LED 2 is off.
3. Pairing Mode: Two lights (LED 1, LED 2) alternatively flash (On: 50ms; Off: 150ms) three times.
4. If pairing is successful, both lights (LED 1 & LED 2) are on.
5. When there’s an incoming call, both lights (LED 1, LED 2) rapidly flash (On: 50ms; Off: 150ms) three times.
6. When you are on the phone, both lights (LED 1, LED 2) rapidly flash (On: 50ms; Off: 200ms) three times.
7. When Bluetooth is off, both lights are out.
If pairing fails, both lights flash slowly.
VIII. Technical Specifications
1. Display Screen: TFT High-Definition Panel
2. Lens: 5 mega-pixel, 140°ultra wide-angle lens
3. Video Resolution: WVGA / 720P/1080P
4. Video Recording Mode: Loop Recording / Motion Detection